Zuleykha is an opera series in Farsi language, presenting the inner journey of the Biblical female character 'Zuleykha', who was known as Potiphar’s wife and has been regarded as a sinner and seducer of the Prophet Joseph. A combination of history and fiction, incorporating Eastern poetry of so many great mystic philosophers, this opera invites the audience to understand mysticism and spirituality, self- love, acceptance, and strength.
The first episode “There is a pain”, points to the fact that there is always hope even in the darkest moments of life, and that suffering is the requirement for awakening.
Toronto Arts Council
- Afarin Mansouri, Composer and Librettist
- Alaina Viau, Director, Director of Photography and Editor
- Jason LaParade, Audio Engineer
- Miriam Khalil, Zuleykha, Soprano
- Afarin Mansouri, Maid, Mezzo Soprano
- Padideh Ahrar Nejad, Tar, Shadow Play, Chorus Member
- Ali Massoudi, Eastern Percussion, Shadow Play, Chorus Member
- Saman Shahi, Piano
Production Videos & Photos
You can reach Alaina by email, on social media, or by sending a message using the form below. Feel free to get in touch!