La Tragédie de Carmen is opera at its most powerful, a raw and visceral adaptation of Bizet’s most popular work. Set in New York in the 1920s a concentrated night of love and death focuses on the fatal relationships between Carmen, a burlesque dancer, Don Jose a WWI shell shocked veteran and the mob boss Escamillio, The score retains all of the most famous musical moments of the original.
- Alaina Viau, Director
- Jennifer Tung, Music Director
- Oz Weaver, Lighting Designer
- Maureen Russell, Costume Designer
- Nicola Betts, Photographer
- Cassandra Warner, Carmen
- Lisa Faieta, Micaëla
- Ryan Harper, Don José
- Gregory Finney, Escamillo
- Keenan Viau, Zuniga
- Candi Zell, Lillas Pastia and Garcia
Production Videos & Photos
You can reach Alaina by email, on social media, or by sending a message using the form below. Feel free to get in touch!